Water temperature averages 75-78 degrees.
Use the participants link to use the database search engine.
ARE MINORS ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE?
YES! Minors 16 and over can participate. To sign up, fill out the paper application ONLY and mail it to:
Gulf Coast Triathlon
PO Box 15456
Panama City, FL
For more information, please email us at email@example.com
CAN ONE PERSON DO MORE THAN ONE EVENT FOR THEIR RELAY TEAM?
Yes, see relay team rules.
WHERE CAN I FIND A LIST OF PEOPLE LOOKING FOR A PARTNER?
Check in the online race forum.
How can I obtain a refund?
Athletes (individuals or relay teams) withdrawing on or before March 1, 2015
will receive a refund of $100. After March 1, 2015, there will be NO REFUNDS. Please notify the Gulf Coast Triathlon in writing (with your signature) if you must withdraw. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing of refunds, upon receipt of withdrawal. Active.com refunds are done by check from the Gulf Coast Triathlon only.
WHAT IS THE LATEST TIME TO HAVE MY BIKE IN THE TRANSITION AREA?
Bike transition closes at 9:30 PM Friday.
If the water temperature is below 78 degrees, it's the athletes choice to wear a wetsuit and be eligible for age group awards. If the water temperature is above 78 degrees and under 82 degrees, you may wear a wetsuit, however, you will not be eligible for age group awards and will start in a seperate wave after all the other waves....No wetsuits if the water temperature is above 82 degrees.
Results will be posted continually throughout the day, near the timers motor home at the finish line area. They should be up on the website the day after the race.
All finishers will receive a Gulf Coast Triathlon finisher medal commemorating the race.
Age group awards example:
(Sprint would max at 3 awards)
- Clydesdale Division - Masters 40+ 5 deep male/female overall
- Clydesdale Division - 225lbs. + male, 165 + female, 5 deep overall.
- Relay - categories - male, female, mixed, masters mixed - 3 deep in each category.
- Sprint Race - 3 deep per 10 year age group
The Gulf Coast Triathlon will include relay teams. To stimulate equal competition between relay teams and individuals, the relay teams will be required to go through the same transitions as the individuals. The relay teams are separated into four separate categories. These categories are:
- Mens open relay team
- Womens open realy team
- Mixed open relay team
- Masters open relay team
The Following Rules apply:
- Mens open relay team; all team members must be males.
- Womans open relay team: all team members must be female.
- Mixed open relay teams; must have at least one male and one female team member.
- Masters relay team; all team members must be over 40 years old as measured by USAT age on Dec 31 of event year. Team may be composed of all males, all females or mixed.
- Swim team member must tag cyclist team member within the designated swim-bike tag area. The swim-bike tag area is located along the path between the swim finish and the transition area. The cyclist's bike must be racked in the transition area and the athlete shall leave his or her bike shoes and helmet with the racked bike until after the swim / bike exchange is made.
- Cyclist team member must tag runner team member within the designated bike-run tag area. The bike-run exchange area is in the relay holding tent in the transition area. The cyclist must rack bike and remove helmet and bike shoes before tagging runner.
- Individual triathletes can be a swimmer on a relay team but must start the race in the relay wave and not in their age group wave. Once the swim / bike exchange has been made, the individual may continue the race with his or her individual race number.
|8:00AM||Swim Course Closes (All athletes must complete the swim by 8:00am)|
|8:10AM||Bike Start Closes (No one permitted to start bike after 8:10am)|
|12:30PM||Bike Course Closes (All athletes must complete the bike by 12:30pm)|
|12:45PM||Run Start Closes (No one permitted to start run after 12:45pm)|
|4:00PM||Finish Line Closes (No times recorded after 4:00pm)|
As in the past, Bay County Amateur Radio Operators - HAMS - will provide communications for the Gulf Coast Triathlon. Hams will be stationed at each Aid Station to maintain communications between Race Officials and the race course. This provides "up to the minute" information to Race Officials to help the race run more smoothly.
Welcome to the 33rd Annual Gulf Coast Triathlon presented by the Edgewater Beach Resort!
We are thrilled you have chosen to join us in Panama City Beach to race and have a great weekend with us. So many exciting changes to this year's event...a race and a beach party all in one! Here are a few updates and tips to help you out:
Edgewater Beach Resort is the new home of the Gulf Coast Triathlon. We know our athletes will love the resort atmosphere and the beach party theme that is new this year. Because the Edgewater Beach Resort has so many amenities, we will be hosting all activities associated with the race on the resort property.
This year's event will include a two-day sports exposition at the Edgewater Beach Resort Convention Center…. We are offering the pre-race meeting at three different times on Friday...2pm, 5pm, 7pm…at the convention center. Saturday we will have an all day beach party that includes the awards ceremony for the Sprint race at 11am and Half Iron distance race at 5pm.
The swim is in the Gulf of Mexico. Seas are generally calm but the gulf water conditions can change rapidly and the surf can be rough. Water temperatures average 78 degrees. Wetsuits may be allowed based on water temperatures and in accordance to regulations by USA Triathlon. The allowance of wetsuits will be decided on race morning.
The bike portion of the race travels through residential, commercial and rural areas of Panama City Beach and Bay County. The course is flat and fast with head winds averaging 15 mph.
The run is an out and back course traveling along the beach and through residential areas of Panama City Beach, home of the World's Most Beautiful Beaches. Temperature averages 85 degrees with high humidity. Please wear sunscreen!
Aid Stations are plentiful with awesome volunteers offering you encouragement and replenishment. Stations will have water, Gatorade, fruit, Clif Bars, and Clif Bloks.
For those of you not staying at the Resort (you'll be sorry you if you don't once you see the property), parking will be available at the Shoppes at Edgewater located caddy corner to the Resort on the corner of Front Beach Road and Richard Jackson Blvd.
I would also like to remind you to thank the volunteers and sponsors for their outstanding support without which the Gulf Coast Triathlon could not happen.
We love feedback on our race. Please let us know what we can do to make our race the best event possible and a wonderful experience for you.
The GCT Committee and I wish you the best of luck at this year's GCT. Enjoy Your Gulf Coast Triathlon Beach Party Weekend!!